Monday, March 11, 2013

Abstract ink painting on 11*14 paper



A friend of mine came over today so we could paint and create together. She had some very inspiring ideas, and while she created, I worked on this new paper painting. I started with a thick layer of acrylic paint, which I then removed some of and distressed with a spray bottle and paper towels. I then started splattering different media across the paper. I started with iridescent ink, then added some alcohol ink, acrylic ink and even fluid acrylic paint for some dimension. I let some of the colors mix and intermingle, while others I dried first before adding another layer. Towards the end I started tilting the paper so some of the drips and splatters could run. I then sprayed a spray bottle containing water thinned acrylics to finish off the whole painting. I am excited about this picture because the only editing I had to do to it was to crop it, there was no messing with the saturation needed. This photograph is the exact colors of the actual painting. I am happy to finally have a way to share my work, exactly as it appears in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment