Thursday, March 14, 2013

Refraction Photographs, Part 2








 



Here is my second batch of Refracted Light Photographs, which I think are much more successful this time around. I love the detail that they have, and the color I was able to incorporate into them. I learned some new tips, about how to color them, and how to add depth. The colors are painted directly on the plastic, which is made from melting water bottles. If you try this, make sure to do it in a ventilated place, so as not to breathe in any fumes. I only like the holes in the plastic for the blue images, as they remind me of bubbles in a pool. The brown and red ones (not pictures) had holes, which made them look too flat and lose their depth. I am excited to keep experimenting with this process, and get more intricate results. Like the first batch, these photographs have only been cropped, there was no editing done to them, they are true to the original photographs I took today.

No comments:

Post a Comment