Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wraith redone

I wanted to reupload this painting now that I have worked on the wraith monster some more. It took some time of this piece hanging up for me to decide what I wanted to do with it, and some time spent reshading the monster to get the contrast I wanted. I also used nice pencils this time, which had a noticeable difference in the quality of the piece from the first time I drew it. I really love this piece, even a year later, because of how the watercolors reacted with the tissue paper squares in the buildings. These were made with my professional set of watercolors, and this painting is still one of the only ones I have completed with those paints. I like to save them for important projects, so as not to waste their beautiful pigments. Just remember, if a piece doesn't seem quite finished, but you aren't sure how to finish it, hang it up somewhere where you will be surprised by it. Each time you see it, the split second reaction to it is your true feelings, and can help you decide how to finish the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment