Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Skull-eton and some antlers



Here are two pieces I edited as part of my practice using Photoshop. I found a fantastic blog that offers tons of free public domain images that can be downloaded and used for art. The author even encourages artists to send pictures of the art created with the images so they can be displayed. Check out graphicsfairy.blogspot.com to find some images for yourself. The first of my pieces is layered with multiple skeleton and skull images, using different opacity and blurring to de-emphezise some of them. The second was created with an images of antlers, inverted and textured, while adding color and rougher outlines. I am starting to get the hang of Photoshop's special effects, and really like the amount of choices I have at my fingertips for editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment