Thursday, November 22, 2012

Steampunk painting

This piece was collaged with tin foil, gears, change, polyester glitter, and different kinds of paints. This was a fun steampunk inspired piece I made for a local art show. It was really fun, I usually don't enjoy much glitter in my work, but it fits better in this piece than others. It has a number of different layers of colors, and made me want to work more with collaging and foil. I had a conversation today with a friend from miami, who teaches art classes in high school and museums. We were discussing the uses of recycled materials, and how it helped her provide many new ideas and materials for the children she worked with. I love making stamps from cardboard or foam, using tissue paper, tin foil, cardboard, wax paper, and whatever else I can get my hands on for collaging. It makes creating art much more affordable, as some supplies can get expensive to use. I believe everyone who wants to should have access to supplies and help learning new art techniques. One day I would love to have a storefront for displaying local art, as well as studio space to give lessons to anyone. There are so many talented artists who give lessons and write books on how to learn technical skills, but I think I could bring a rare perspective of how to teach creativity and innovation. It is something I have been working on for years, and creativity is something I want to keep forever, no matter how many new techniques I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment