Sunday, December 23, 2012

A brush with terror

I came back from my vacation to a snowy town. The weather was so bad yesterday, that I got into my first car accident, and hit a tree. Fortunately, no harm was done to anyone else, myself, the tree, or really even my car, thanks to a very low speed. However, for the couple of seconds that I was sliding out of control, though of a stop sign and toward the tree, I was terrified and knew I would crash. I decided to paint something using that same out of my control element. Using bits of paper and a hat, I randomly selected my mediums, tools, and paints. This is the out of my control, car crash and terror inspired painting. It was done with acrylic, thick gesso, blended fibers gel, and brushes. I am glad to have gotten something positive out of this experience, and hope to never have another accident. Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment