Monday, February 25, 2013

Abstract experiment

I discovered one of my new favorite color combinations last night, primary yellow and dioxazine purple. It makes a dark, rich black to a dirty yellow color. I did this painting with an idea I got from a local artist. I mixed water thinned batches of these two colors and their combinations, and poured them across the painting. I then colored vegetable oil and poured that across the painting as well. I mixed the two up, until bubbles form, then poured off much of the excess oil and paint. I then set the painting outside in the cold to dry. Once the paint was dry, and the oil just sitting on top, I removed the oil with paper towels. I repeated this process for another layer, then sealed the whole painting with matte finish spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment